Last Updated: June 4, 2020
Welcome to Fabriq, a community development platform that engageswith institutions to bring students, alumni and employers together for thepurpose of personal and professional development.
From the onset, we’ve been intentional to design our platform in a waythat respects the data privacy of both institutions and its members (e.g.students, alumni and university professionals). Ensuring you’re ultimately incontrol of your data is at the foundation of everything we do.
Here is a quick summary for howwe handle data privacy for both Members and Community Customer:
· Members are in complete control of whether ornot their information is viewable within the community.
· Member data is not publicly viewable within theServices until that Member opts-in and completes the onboarding process.
· Members can delete their Member Profile at anytime.
· Community Customers receive administrativeaccess to all data, including Member Accounts and Employer Customer Accounts.
· Community Customers control what data isautomatically shared with Fabriq in order to generate Member Accounts.
· Community Customers approve Member Accounts aspart of the Member Profile creation process, before such Member Profiles aremade public within the Services.
· Community Customers grant access to EmployerCustomers.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about Membersin a variety of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, email address,username, password as well as other information you directly give us on our Servicesas part of creating a Member Profile during the onboarding process or yourresponses to surveys.
Information We Get From Others. We may get some information aboutyou from other sources such as your Community Customer. If a Community Customershares data governed by FERPA, such information will be protected as requiredby applicable laws.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically loginformation about you and your computer. For example, when you use the Services,we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, IPaddress, the website you visited before browsing to our website, pages youviewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about youruse of and actions on our Site.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Fabriq processes, stores, anduses your personal information to serve you through its Services. Here are somecommon ways in which we use your personal information:
· Providing services such as allowing you to joinlive Q&A broadcasts, conduct video calls or appear in recommendedconnections with other Members in the community
· Delivering communications from other Members(e.g. alumni and other students) or potential employers by in-app messaging inaccordance with your account settings
· Allowing you to contact employers
· Personalizing the Service. For example, we willrecommend other Members as connections based on your job interests, graduationyear and/or sport
· Operating, maintaining and improving our sites, applications,and services.
· Responding to comments and questions with regardto customer service.
· Researching new ways to improve the FabriqServices
When We May Share Your Personal Data
We will only share your personaldata with third parties under the following circumstances.
· We may share personal information with yourconsent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others forpurposes of career development.
· We may share personal information for legal,protection, and safety purposes.
o We may share information to comply with laws.
o We may share information to respond to lawfulrequests and legal processes.
o We may share information in response to lawfulrequests and legal processes. This includes protecting the safety of ouremployees and agents, our customers, or any person. We will notify you of therequest to share information.
· We may share information with those who need itto do work for us, such as cloud service providers. These service providers arecontractually obligated to take appropriate data security measures to keep yourdata safe.
SHARING OF AGGREGATED DATA
We may also share aggregatedand/or anonymized data for a variety of purposes such as research, reporting,and other analytical purposes. Such aggregated data cannot reasonably be linkedback to any individual.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you howto “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails.Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our businessdealings with you.
DELETING YOUR MEMBER PROFILE
You may delete your memberprofile at any time if you no longer wish for your information to be viewablewithin Fabriq. In this way, you may opt out participating and we will deletethe data you submitted as part of the onboarding process. Please note that ifyou choose to participate in the future, you will need to re-enter allinformation as part of re-creating your Member Profile.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND LINKS
The Services may contain links tothird party sites. Fabriq is not responsible for the privacy policies orpractices of third-party sites, and we strongly encourage you to read theprivacy policies of third-party sites to understand those policies and make aninformed decision as to whether to share your information with those sites.Your interactions with third party sites, including social media sites, aregoverned by the privacy policies of each of those sites.
DO NOT TRACK
We are currently unable to recognize orhonor Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Like many other Services, we may usecookies and other similar technologies such as web beacons to collect information.Cookies are data stored on a hard drive that help us improve your use of oursite and enhance our ability to track and enhance user experiences on our site.You have the right and ability to change the settings on your browser to refusecookies, but note that if you do so, you may not be able to access our Serviceswith full functionality.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain security measures that are commercially reasonable in theindustry. We take protecting your information very seriously, but please notethat no method of storing or transmitting information on the internet iscompletely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee or warrant the security ofinformation you share with us. Despite taking reasonable precautions, it isimpossible to protect all information from a breach, also referred to as a databreach or security breach.
Individuals under 16 are not permitted to use the Services without theexpress written consent of the both the Community Customer and parentalconsent. Such consent gives minors permission to use the services and is anagreement to be bound by these Terms.
We do not knowingly collect information from individuals under 13. If youbelieve we have unintentionally collected personal information from a minorunder 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can quickly delete suchinformation.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of California, the California Consumer Privacy Act(CCPA) gives you rights concerning your personal information. Here’s a summaryof those rights:
Right to Know
· Theright to know what information we have collected and disclosed in the last 12months
· Whatspecific information we have collected
· Thecategories and sources of such personal information
· Thecategories of personal information and types of recipients to which thatinformation was disclosed
· Thecategories of personal information and types of recipients to whom theinformation was sold
· The typeof business or purpose for collecting and selling the personal information
Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personalinformation we have collected from you.
Opting out of Sales: You have the right to tell us not to sell yourpersonal information to third parties.
Non-discrimination: We cannot discriminate against you for exercisingthese rights. Note that if you restrict certain personal information processingthat we may not be able to provide the Services as intended.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise any of therights provided for by the CCPA, please submit a request at email@example.com with the subject line, “CCPA Request.”
Fabriq complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework provided by theUS Department of Commerce for the collection, use, and retention of personalinformation from residents of European Union member countries. The FederalTrade Commission has investigatory and enforcement powers over Fabriq as partof our participation in Privacy Shield. If you would like to learn more aboutPrivacy Shield program, you may visit: http://www.privacyshield.gov
Fabriq collects personal information and processes that information in away that is appropriate and relevant to the purposes for which such informationwas collected or authorized by individuals. In instances where we receivepersonal information from institutions or community organizations, thoseinstitutions or community organizations determine those purposes.
EEA and UK individuals have the right to reasonable access to thepersonal information about you that we hold. On request, we will also takereasonable steps to correct, update, amend or delete any information that isdemonstrated to be inaccurate, except where the burden or expense of doing sowould be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in questionor where the rights of third parties would be violated. Where we processpersonal information on behalf of an Institution, we will direct any individualrequests for access or to limit use or disclosure to the Institution, and wewill work with such Institution in complying with such requests in accordancewith applicable law and our obligations under Privacy Shield.
If our response to a complaint does not satisfy your concerns, you maysubmit your complaint to AAA, Fabriq’s designated Privacy Shield disputeresolution provider, here: https://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html
If you have any questions about the information that we collect from youin reliance on Privacy Shield, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are located in the European Union, and some other jurisdictions,you have certain rights regarding your personal information pursuant to GDPRand other legislation. For example, you may have the right to request access toyour information, the right to update your information, and the right to have userase personal information we have stored about you.
In many instances, you will be able to access, update, and delete some ofyour information by logging into your account. By deleting your Fabriq MemberProfile, you will be deleting the information that you have provided to us.However, if you cannot access, update, or delete the information yourself, youshould first contact your institution or community organizer and we willcooperate with that institution or community organizer to support your request.Otherwise, you can email us directly as email@example.com to exercise your rights and we will work with you inachieving the desired outcome as required by law.
2108 South Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28203